FISH FILLET ala BICOL EXPRESS is a different recipe from the one you've encounter with other Bicol Express Filipino recipes.
1/4 Meat Bariles, slice slant about vertically
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cassava flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
4 cloves of garlic,chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger
3 green siling haba(finger Chili's)
2 tbsp oil
1 cup of water
- Marinate the fish with salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, get a bowl and mix the marinated fish together with the flour, cassava flour and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic, ginger and onions and add the mixtures(Prep.2).
- You can sprinkle Magic Sarap for more appetizing taste.
- When fish is half-cooked, add the batter egg.
- Simmer till cooked. And mix siling haba.
This is good for 1 serving only.
Eat it. I can't even pronounced it! BURP!